I was the recipient of a God wink about a week ago. I had been eyeing the Women of Faith Conference for several months, but as it got closer, I decided there was too much going on the following week and I was going to miss half of the conference because I'm still nursing Cannon and the girls didn't have school that Friday. I hated to spend $140 plus dollars for a day and a half. Here's where the God wink comes in...I got a call from a friend from Sunday School on Wednesday night who said someone had just called her trying to give away two tickets. My friend couldn't use them so she called me and a few others. I knew this late in the game I wouldn't find anyone to go with, but I gladly took one ticket and went by myself.
Of course it was awesome! Mandisa opened the conference on Thursday night. (By the time I got my camera out, her gig was over.) One picture I did manage to get was of Mark Schultz. I was familiar with his songs, but did not know his name. Wow, the stories behind the songs are incredible.
The two people I really wanted to see--Jim Caviezel and Anita Renfroe--were presenting on Friday, the day I was not able to make it. Bummer.
The person I was surprised most by was Sherri Shepherd. She has definitely had a rough past and currently has some difficult things going on in her life, but boy does she love Jesus! Very inspiring.
It was a wonderful conference and I highly recommend it.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Women of Faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was out of town that weekend...but I heard it was amazing. I, too, wanted to see Anita Renfroe...she is HILARIOUS!
Wanna go see Beth Moore at Living Proof Live in August? I'm going with a friend...should be AWESOME. Check out the Living Proof website...
XO.
Post a Comment