I sometimes get in this "sad" mood when Carroll goes out of town (I'm not sure that "sad" is the right word). Of course I miss him. He has this little buzz around the house that is my comfort. So even when we're on opposite schedules, I feel his presence. I love that. But I think the mood I experience has more to do with that I know it's all me this week. I will do the usual stuff I do everyday...get kids up, dressed, cleaned up, fed, to school, ballet, etc. And then picked up, fed, snack, fed, bathed, to bed. In between all that is making up beds, dishes, laundry, grocery store, cooking, etc. Somehow knowing that there is no backup in the event I become overwhelmed, tired, impatient, frustrated, stressed, etc. (which is guaranteed to happen) makes me "sad."
When you have a chance, take a look at the following links. These are things that I have seen and read recently that tear me up--I mean, I'm a mess. Be warned...they may upset you terribly, especially if you are a wife and/or mother--be alone and have a box of tissue. These things, along with Carroll being out of town, put me in this somber mood.
THE LAST LECTURE: a love story of your life
A Letter To My Daughter
My prayer today is that I will rejoice in my time of it's all me this week. I pray that I would counter those times of being overwhelmed, tired, impatient, frustrated, stressed, etc. with love, laughing, hugging, kissing, praising God, dancing, and playing. God is good and I am blessed with a wonderful husband and three loving children. I love you guys with all of my heart.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
This Is My Prayer Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I COMPLETELY know what you mean! As much as I appreciate the "me" time after the kids have gone to bed, after a couple days, I'm ready to have Wes' presence back FOR SURE!
For some reason, my recording of The Last Lecture didn't work...thank you for sending that site so I can get to watch it!
And you know, we are here for you, if you need anything!! The week will definitely go by fast, I'm sure!
I can relate. 6 nights a month I fly solo in the evenings...when hubby is on call. Factor in the every other month trip...for at least 4 nights...and I am a tired mommy. The day time isn't so hard. It's the "dinner/bath/story/brush teeth/bed/get up for water/back to bed" routine that gets me.
Lean on your friends...and on God...and don't be too hard on yourself if you become frazzled. I think it's healthy for kids to see that their Mommy gets tired, too.
In spite of that...your kids still think you hung the moon. Isn't that unconditional love from little ones just so amazing?!
Post a Comment