Ah, camping in October...it's the best! The weather was perfect--sunny, no humidity, temps in the high 70s during the day and clear, cool nights just right for stargazing by a warm fire and cuddling up in the tent. (Don't forget to click on any picture to enlarge.)
The kids enjoyed collecting bucket after bucket of acorns, throwing rocks into the river, and playing card games.
Carroll and I relaxed by the fire once the kids were asleep. I got to catch up on a couple of movies while Carroll studied the stars. There is nothing like the quiet and darkness of the hill country. Both nights while we were sitting out, we had a visitor. Study the picture closely and you'll see his tail.
I'm always surprised by how much Lee and I look alike...I was reminded of this when I saw the picture below...I'm dressed in boy clothes, you can't see my hair and I'm not smiling...kind of freaks me out! Not that looking like Lee is a bad thing, just don't expect to see his face in my camping pictures. Ha, ha.
When we camp, we let all healthy eating habits go. I take that back, we have pretty healthy dinners, but breakfast is out the window and dessert seems to be on the menu after every meal. Below is our breakfast of (camping) champions.
Of course we can't camp without injuries. Cannon ended up with two fat lips. The first time, he smacked into the tailgate of the truck with his face. After recovering from that, he tripped and smashed into the ground with the other lip. He's a tough boy though.
The girls and I had fun looking for heart rocks on our walk by the river. I love pictures with just the hands of my children...this is one of my favorites!
When I asked Cannon to pose for a picture, he took a rapper pose. First of all, where did he get this from?! And, I'm not sure if I'm seeing my future here.
These are the highlights. Such a wonderful time.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
We Heart Camping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
These pictures make me want to get outside and go on a good hike...a bit hard to do in this neck of the woods!
Post a Comment