We spent last weekend out at the family ranch in San Ygnacio. What an incredible time. We enjoyed a quality visit with family we had not seen in a while. The kids were so excited to wear new boots (Thank you Meg, Mandy and Mellie!), play with their second cousins and ride a horse.
We kicked off our visit with a delicious meal. Afterwards, my cousin, George, saddled up "Bucky" for us. He demanded that I warm her up...do you know how long it's been since I have been on a horse?! Surprisingly, I could still walk the next day.
The kids all took a turn. Elle and Piper learned to ride Bucky by themselves. They were so proud and had a blast.
Cannon thought he was the real deal with his hat and boots. After riding Bucky, Cannon referred to his boots as "horse shoes" because he associated his boots with being a cowboy and riding a horse. The next morning he asked if he could wear his "horse shoes" to breakfast.
Piper said this was the best day because "I got to ride a horse, do a pinata, and roast marshmallows." A great day indeed.
(Sorry no pictures...everybody else took the pics.)
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Horse Shoes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment