Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hallelujah!

I have some praises...not your typical praises, but praises nonetheless.

Praise #1: I have finally found a good pair of jeans!! I have been searching since Elle was born--5 years ago! While I desire very much to be a cute, trendy mommy, I do not desire to wear skin tight jeans that allow my belly to hang out and my hiney crack to be exposed. (Think of the special underwear required to wear those kind of jeans!) At the same time, I don't want to wear "mom" jeans. I was ready to drop $300 if I had to. Thank you Lucky Brand Jeans!

Praise #2: Cannon slept through the night for the first time in his 6 1/2 months of life! He went down at 9:00 pm and I had to wake him up at 7:15 am. So, it can be done. Of course, as you suspected, he has not done it again since. In fact, he has been up more each night than before he slept through the night. Calgon, take me away!

Praise #3: The gym...ahhh, the gym! The one I love most after God, my husband and children. My sanity. I'm an avid worker outer, an athlete...hard core. It's always hard getting back to the gym after having a baby. Mostly because I worry about leaving my sweet, helpless child(ren) with those young, non experienced, not so observant nursery workers in the land of chaos. But there comes a time when mommy needs to be healthy and sane. Besides, it's just an hour and I'm in the room right next door or right in front of the nursery door. That's okay isn't it? Anyway, it's been a slow start, but I'm taking a class here and there and saving my pennies so I can hire my trainer again. Long live the gym!!

1 comment:

Honorary Indian said...

HURRAY for Lucky Brand jeans!!! And, you know where I found mine?! AT COSTCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fraction of the cost compared to the dept. stores.

As for Cannon sleeping through the night...it will happen again. Just relish your "middle of the night time" while it lasts...ours still occurs on a nightly basis (thank you, Deven).

And, HIP HIP HOORAY FOR THE GYM! We just joined Lifetime at the Rim, and, after years of not working out consistently, I am feeling better than ever (and a few pounds lighter, too). It's such a mentally, spiritually uplifting thing to take care of the temples God gave us, isn't it?

LOVE THE BLOG!