Elle and Piper are girlie girls. And boy, is my mom lovin' it! She is catching up for lost time. I think by the age of 5, I opposed all things girlie. No dolls for me...I was all about Big Wheels, skateboards, bikes, snapping turtles, climbing walls and crawling through drainage ditches. I took one day of ballet...hated it and never went back again. I took a couple of years of Brownies/Girl Scouts...hated it. My friends were boys or fellow tomboys. I even had an imaginary friend named Scott.
One year when I was about 10 or 11 (long into my tomboyhood) my mom MADE me wear culottes for Christmas. I was horrified!! I can't find a picture of me standing, but in the picture below I look like a pirate or maybe an elf. Kind of looks like Jerry's shirt in the "Puffy Shirt" episode of Seinfeld.
Like I said, my mom is enjoying dressing our girls. She buys dresses on an almost weekly basis. Here are the girlie girls in her latest purchase.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Girlie Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love your Way Back Wednesday picture! CUTE!
I adore those dresses the girls are wearing...sadly, my sweet Priya isn't that much of a girlie girl anymore...unless it has something to do with Hannah Montana or High School Musical. I have to SNEAK a bow into her hair...or bribe her to wear one!
That's a great post!
Post a Comment