Monday, March 17, 2008

Growing Up Too Fast

The kids are doing so many new things. It's all so exciting. But at the same time, it makes me sad...they are growing up too fast!

Let's start with Cannon. Crawling is old news. He is really pulling up on everything now. He is also clapping his hands. He has a tooth coming in on top in addition to the two at the bottom. We have introduced Cheerios and fruit puffs. He likes to play with them more than eat them right now. He loves, loves, loves his bath or anybody else's for that matter. The minute he hears the water running, he races over to see if he is the lucky one. He gets so angry when you take him out of the bathtub.


Next up, Piper. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Piper is really blooming. She continues to rattle off letters or ask me how to spell words so she can write it on her paper. Her drawings have moved to the next developmental stage...her people have faces, arms and legs. Piper loves to sing and dance. She is doing well in ballet class. Her ballet teacher calls her "Superstar #2." (Elle had the same teacher last year.) Piper loves to sit and listen to stories and "reads" to herself often.

Last, but not least, Elle. Elle is reading! When I taught first grade, one of the most exciting times was when a child began to read. I just can't believe it's my own child this time...where does the time go?? Anyway, Elle is very excited and proud of herself. Her writing is coming along too. She is now writing the sounds she hears in words. And every two minutes she announces that she knows how to spell some word. It's fantastic!




2 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

I love it when the kids reach a new milestone. But, yes, it's sad because it's a somber reminder that they are no longer babies. Trevor potty-trained himself at 2. I wasn't ready for it. But, he was!

Thank goodness he still wants to sleep in his crib. I'll let him stay there forever if he wants.

Your children are beautiful.

Dancing Queen said...

I just can't even believe how fast they are all growing up! I feel like I'm still in my 20's, much less having children their age!

They are so smart, their teachers won't know what to do with 'em! And such serious readers!!! My kids would be making all sorts of crazy faces!