- You run into one of your former students and she calls you by your maiden name (you've been married for 9 years).
- Your former student says she is 20 years old now and you taught her when she was 6!
- Your former student's parents are divorced and her dad is on his second family...he's expecting twins with his new wife!!
- Your daughter asks you who that was and you say "I was her teacher when she was your age."



10 comments:
You are NOT old! If you are old, then you have some of the most beautiful skin I have ever seen on an OLD woman! Come on- you still look and feel very young. She still recognized you because you look the same! The fifth graders I had in my first year of teaching at May are almost out of college and all grown-up. I still keep in contact with two of them. Funny, I still picture them as awkward 10 year olds with such goofy personalities, yet, they occasionally send pictures and are beautiful young women. I guess those years of teaching touched a few lives- they seem to be doing well- even if I gained a few wrinkles along the way...
I love it! Doesn't time just fly by!
I thought I'd never get old... I'm ONLY 38, but I keep wondering what happened to the last 10 years.
Just enjoy today & celebrate your youth!
I hear ya girl! I'm like one of the oldest on the street. and today I'm feeling it!
Lanny:)
That is priceless...BUT YOU DEFINITELY ARE NO WHERE near old!!! Even w/your new purse ;)
AHAHAHA!!!! I watched my mom do this her whole entire life. :) Love the song btw too funny.
I'm talking smack about you on my blog. Check it out.
How awesome that your student remembered you! You were obviously a wonderful teacher.
I can relate.. the kids I used to babysit are grown men and women with kids!!! I run into them all the time and it makes me feel ancient every time.
P.S. You look maaaarrrveellous for being such an old lady. Ha ha.
Sounds to me like you were one AWESOME teacher! Seriously, remembered you from when she was 6. I am impressed! Seriously!
I am now officially glad that I moved cities, so I don't need to run into any former students of mine! :)
Hey, I've passed along an award to you on my post today. Check it out. I'm new to your blog, but I've enjoyed reading it every time!
Oh my goodness!! I've had the same thing happen to me. I've got students in college and a few married with children. That's just wrong!! Girl... I was sportin' that same denim skirt, vests, and red flats when I taught!! That was the teacher standard uniform, right? I loved teaching first grade... it is hard to believe I've been out of the classroom for ten years! Geez!! ~Jill :)
My cousins who are 16 & 18 just babysat my kids. I used to change their diapers. That made me feel old!
Post a Comment