MamaMia #21251
San Antonio, TXAge: 37 Gender: F






Distance HALF MAR
Clock Time 2:29:58
Chip Time 2:06:09
Gender Place 1827 / 11389
Age Grade 53.3%
Placeoall 4175
Placediv 350
Pace 9:38
Ttlrace 17033
Ttldiv 2088
Ttlsex 11389
5 Km 29:26
6 1 Mi 59:03
10 Mi 1:36:49
Like I've said before, I have never been a distance runner. But now, I guess I can say that I am. My goal time was 2:10 and I came in four minutes under so I was very pleased. I latched on to a couple of sisters from Tennessee that were kind enough to let me hang with them. They were excellent at keeping the pace as well as very encouraging. Thank you Allison and Emily!!
It was a glorious morning...very cold initially, but once the race began, it was perfect for running 13 miles, er, 13.1.

I had Carroll and the kids stay home because it was going to be too complicated to maneuver among 25,000 participants and their families with three children, one of which would be in a stroller. Not to mention the parking issues...yuck!
It was a wonderful surprise when I called home and Carroll congratulated me and proceeded to rattle off my splits and pace. It turns out he was keeping track of me online with the live results. That just topped off the note he left me to find when I was leaving at 4:45 in the morning. (I'm sure he will be horrified that I posted his note, but just trying to make the point that you made my day Baby.) Thank you sweet husband for dedicating your Saturday mornings to the kids while I was out on my long runs. I couldn't have done it without your help!
I did end up with a small injury...turns out the zipper on my new running tights rubbed me raw. I felt a little discomfort during the race, but didn't know the extent of it until I finished. Nothing the medical tent couldn't handle...a little peroxide, a Band-Aid, and I was good to go.
When I was at the Expo on Saturday, I saw so many funny sayings on shirts that I could relate to before and after the race. I'll leave you with a few of my favorites.
*Toenails are for sissies.
*In my dreams, I am a Kenyan.
*Who moved the finish line?
*This seemed like a good idea 3 months ago.
*This IS my race pace.
*Does this shirt make my butt look fast?
I will post some actual pictures of me at the race as soon as I receive them. With no family there, I had no one to take pictures. However, Haley (with Dancing Queen and Honorary Indian's cameras) took pics after the race. I'm sure official race photos will be available soon too.
Clock Time 2:29:58
Chip Time 2:06:09
Gender Place 1827 / 11389
Age Grade 53.3%
Placeoall 4175
Placediv 350
Pace 9:38
Ttlrace 17033
Ttldiv 2088
Ttlsex 11389
5 Km 29:26
6 1 Mi 59:03
10 Mi 1:36:49
Like I've said before, I have never been a distance runner. But now, I guess I can say that I am. My goal time was 2:10 and I came in four minutes under so I was very pleased. I latched on to a couple of sisters from Tennessee that were kind enough to let me hang with them. They were excellent at keeping the pace as well as very encouraging. Thank you Allison and Emily!!
It was a glorious morning...very cold initially, but once the race began, it was perfect for running 13 miles, er, 13.1.

I had Carroll and the kids stay home because it was going to be too complicated to maneuver among 25,000 participants and their families with three children, one of which would be in a stroller. Not to mention the parking issues...yuck!
It was a wonderful surprise when I called home and Carroll congratulated me and proceeded to rattle off my splits and pace. It turns out he was keeping track of me online with the live results. That just topped off the note he left me to find when I was leaving at 4:45 in the morning. (I'm sure he will be horrified that I posted his note, but just trying to make the point that you made my day Baby.) Thank you sweet husband for dedicating your Saturday mornings to the kids while I was out on my long runs. I couldn't have done it without your help!
I did end up with a small injury...turns out the zipper on my new running tights rubbed me raw. I felt a little discomfort during the race, but didn't know the extent of it until I finished. Nothing the medical tent couldn't handle...a little peroxide, a Band-Aid, and I was good to go.
When I was at the Expo on Saturday, I saw so many funny sayings on shirts that I could relate to before and after the race. I'll leave you with a few of my favorites.*Toenails are for sissies.
*In my dreams, I am a Kenyan.
*Who moved the finish line?
*This seemed like a good idea 3 months ago.
*This IS my race pace.
*Does this shirt make my butt look fast?
I will post some actual pictures of me at the race as soon as I receive them. With no family there, I had no one to take pictures. However, Haley (with Dancing Queen and Honorary Indian's cameras) took pics after the race. I'm sure official race photos will be available soon too.



11 comments:
Wow congrats! I feel as I was there watching you... I must say I'm not a runner so good for you! girl power rocks!
BiG hUgS!
Congrats....you did a great job. I am sooooooo proud of you....
WAY TO GI GIRL... high five for sure!
you rocked it... i am thrilled for you! now rest & let your bod recover!... your poor leg!
GO! :)
clumsy fingers
i had no idea you did that to your leg & went to the medic...you MUST have been smokin' it!!! your time was awesome, but it really makes me wonder when you say you are not a distance runner;)
it was a great experience & an awesome day!! glad we got at least a couple pics together so that I can truly show we were competing in the same event!! LOL!!
you are a rockin' mama!! congratulations on smashin' your time!!
Wow- I would like to do one next year with you girls, but I don't think that there is any way I could keep up with your awesome time!!! Congrats- very proud of your huge accomplishment!
IT looks like you guys had a great time! I have finished a race and nobody been there for me, so I can understand your disappointment even if you dont express it. :)
Proud of you!!
You Rock!! So proud of you.
Now I have to do it. I'm still in the thinking mode... but for now I have 2 more 5k's I'm running in the next 2 months.
Did you do your own training or follow a specific timeline? I've seen several online. Some are only 10 weeks! That seems way too short! Just curious what your training was like. I'm finding it hard to find time to run 30 minutes... how would I find the time to run 2 hours? I guess you don't ever run that far right until the race?
We are so proud of you!! Kudos to you awesome blog runners!! Those t-shirt sayings are hilarious... my fav is Toenails are for Sissies!!! Love it!!
Congrats on such a special accomplishment!!
~Jill :)
geez speed racer! no wonder why we missed ya' you zoomed by!!!! next year I will help with the kiddos they can come --- and I will take picks of you racing by- you will prolly be blur ;)
love love love the note from carol- precious! that should be your new blog name
i also saw a shirt that said
" My friends are waiting for me at the finish line... with a beer........i hope"
congrats friend!!!!
I just saw this post. I've been home sick these past two days.
I love the note!
Looks like your hubby and I had the same idea. I was so keeping track of your splits.
I'm so proud of you! That is an awesome time!
Those shirts are too funny!
Does this shirt make my butt look fast - hahahah!
Post a Comment