Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thank You!

Tweak, over at Super Tweaky, gave me this award before Thanksgiving and I'm finally catching up. Thanks Melissa!

Here are the rules:

List six things that make you happy. Pass the award on to 6 more Kreativ bloggers. Link back to the person who gave you the award. Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.

I'm listing Christmastime things that make me happy.

1. Our "Welcome" Sign. It's usually the first thing I put out and gets me giddy about Christmas.

2. My first ever REAL Christmas tree. You heard that right...in my 37 years of life, I have never experienced a real tree. I guess my family always thought an artificial tree was easier...no watering, no shedding needles, lights already on, etc. Oh my, what a difference! I don't think I'm ever going back!

3. Our Advent Calendar. The girls enjoy this after dinner activity so much. Each night we read a verse or two about the birth of Jesus and then we open the appropriate door and see what "character" is there waiting to be placed on the scene.

4. Hot Chocolate. I'm easy, I don't even need gourmet hot chocolate.

5. Our Stockings. Seeing them all lined up reminds me of my sweet little family. I love my husband and our children!

6. Rolo Pretzels. Yummy!!

Preheat your oven to 350. 1. Unwrap your Rolos. Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top with a Rolo. 2. Bake in oven for 3-5 minutes, until the chocolate just begins to melt. The Rolo should be soft but not completely melted. 3. Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and immediately squish the chocolate with a pecan. Watch the caramel ooze out.

I always break the rules...since I run in the same circles as Tweak and most of you have already received this award, I'm not passing it along to anyone specific. If you want to participate, feel free.


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

melissa ellen parker said...

Those christmastime things make me happy too! So cute!

I'm glad you enjoyed your award! You deserve it.

Hope you had a merry merry Christmas with your beautiful family!!!!

xxoo
M

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

those rolo prezels... i do flips for those! sweet AND salty goodness!