Thursday, September 17, 2009

This Made My Day

I was blessed to teach first grade at two different schools for seven years before "retiring" to have our own children. It amazes me that in that short time I met and developed relationships with so many wonderful children and their families. I live in the area that feeds into these two schools so I still get to bump into students now and then. There are even one or two that I keep up with regularly. Since I joined Facebook recently, I have been able to catch up with another couple of my favorite students. I received this email from Max, a student that I taught my second year. It made my day.

Mrs.XXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!/XXXX
I'm just not used to it yet...
It has been forever but you are still the name I drop if anyone asks who was my favorite teacher. Life is so great. I am a student at Texas A&M and I love it. I am an officer in my organization called Brothers Under Christ, and I am dating a really awesome girl that loves God way more than she likes me which is defiantly the way I like it. I am a Business major and I guess you could say I am working my way to the top. I just moved into a really cool house and I am so excited about this next year!!!!!!

Thank you so much for being such an awesome teacher for me.

Is this kid great or what?!



3 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

yes, that kid is great...but YOU are also great...for being that kind of influential teacher that impacted a human being's life forever.

you're awesome!

Sarah said...

My first grade teacher, Mrs. Crider, was my favorite teacher of all time. She instilled confidence in me - in my reading but mostly in my writing. First grade teachers rock! Hope to make it to Trinity sometime in the next century - it feels like forever since we've been back to TX!

Sarah

mandy said...

I love this. You're an awesome teacher for many - not just for the kids who crossed your path in a classroom.