Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vote for Cynthia!

I'm not a big Oprah fan these days, but I am a fan of recognizing kids that are doing extraordinary things. So, if you have a minute to check this out, please do. And then vote (many times) if you would like to support Cynthia.

A little background first...I've "known" Cynthia Lee for a little over 10 years now. Well, actually, I would say we're acquaintances. We started out attending the same kickboxing classes together years ago. She went on to become a kickboxing instructor and taught during the day when she wasn't anchoring the local nightly news. I was aware that she gave up her anchoring job recently to turn to something more positive--spotlighting teens with great accomplishments (gomotah.com)
. My kickboxing instructor informed us that she is competing in Oprah's "Your Own show" contest. Cynthia is now in the top 35 out of 2900 entries in her category. I think we need more positive shows out there so I wanted to support her in this. We're trying to get her in the top 10 or better. If you can help her out, she would appreciate it. Here's how:

1. Go to www.oprah.com/audition.
2. Type "Cynthia Lee" in the search box. Before you click "search," copy her name so you can paste it into the search box the next time you vote for her.
3. Click her video and watch it so you can see what her show would be all about. Then vote!
4. Click "Browse and Vote" and repeat steps 2-4.

Note: It takes a while for the Oprah website to update the votes, but don't worry, they do count and she is moving up.

Thank you and pass it on!


No comments: