Thursday, June 5, 2008

Career Changes

Elle has already been through several career changes. A couple of years ago she was going to be a preschool teacher when she grew up. Last year, she decided that veterinary medicine was more up her alley--with the caring of animals and all. (Never mind the fact that she is afraid of dogs.) But just recently, she has changed her mind again. She informed me that she was going to be a watermelon juice maker. In her words..."I'll get watermelon pieces and squeeze them so the juice comes out. I'll sell it to the grocery store. It will be by the beer. I'll have a stand and it will be free. And I'll see you Mommy." [So many things to note, but two obvious ones...yes, Daddy likes his beer. And yes, I'm always at the grocery store!]

Below are some pictures of Elle modeling the various careers she's thought about.

Preschool Teacher

Vet

Watermelon Juicer

No telling what's next...today she and Piper were pretending they were detectives with their magnifying glasses.

Detectives at Work

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that she wants to sell her watermelon juice for free! And, by the beer so she can make sure to see both her Mama and Daddy!

That is too sweet!

And watermelon juice actually doesn't sound that bad.......hhhmmmmmm.

Honorary Indian said...

Out of the mouths of babes. PRICELESS!

I adore watching/listening (secretly, of course) when the little Indians are engaging in imaginary play. SO CUTE!

And, what a very creative profession Elle has decided on...watermelon juice maker. OF COURSE it would need to be next to the beer! Where else would it be? : )

Speaking of grocery stores...Trevor was acting extra-silly the other day. We asked, "Trevor, where did we get you?"

He replied seriously, "HEB!"

Aahhh, can they just stay this young? Forever?!

Enjoy your first days of summer...and pray for me Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I love watermelon juice. We used to get it at the Renaissance Festival when we were kiddos. She is a doll. :) ~Jill

Dancing Queen said...

awwww...so sweet! i miss seeing you guys every day!

ooh, and she already knows where the beer is located at HEB...i wonder if she'll share that at her interview for kindergarten?!? :) too funny!!

Lisa said...

Hmmmm... I do love watermelon, that actually might be something really good. :)

She is so precious!

Shanan Strange said...

Absolutely precious!

Angie Seaman said...

Love these pictures. They are hysterical. And the bug one - with the magnifying glass...that is priceless. Too adorable for words!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com