Dad and Vinette came for a visit and introduced the kids and me to geocaching. They have been geocachers for years now and we finally got to see what it's all about. The girls absolutely loved that we were hunting for hidden treasure.
One of my favorite shots was taken while geocaching. My Dad and Piper got ahead of the rest of us and seemed to be having a wonderful conversation.
There was a lot going on during the first week of July so get ready for all the pictures and the long post!
What a great shot of the girls and Grandma and Grandpa. This was the first day of their visit and it was nothing but partying after that.
One of the girls' favorite things to do is read with Grandma. Look carefully at how thick that book is...it's an anthology of Disney stories...Grandma read every single story in that book!
Next up, 4th of July! We met Lee and Morgan over at Dad and Vinette's RV for a picnic dinner and fireworks display at one of the military bases. It worked out great because we didn't have to mess with the crowds, but still had an awesome view of the fireworks from the RV park.
Thank God Dad and V brought the rain with them. We were getting desperate! Here's part of my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
One of my favorite pictures of Carroll was taken at our picnic. I can't put my finger on why I like this so much...maybe because he had a true smile on. Oh, and he has a COLORED t-shirt on instead of white. That and his groovy glasses.
Finally Saturday arrived, the day of the birthday parties. Piper's was a backyard splash party. She had a handful of friends over and lots of family to help her celebrate.
Below are Dancing Queen's Jack and Annie with Piper.
Cannon couldn't wait to join everybody in the backyard for some splashing.

Cake time! We have the best cake shop in town. Not only do their cakes taste yummy, but they can design anything! We always have them copy the invitation.

Later that afternoon, it was time to celebrate Cannon's birthday. We bought a cookie cake for everyone to enjoy and just made his little cake. He loved when everyone sang to him and was studying the lit candle very carefully.

I don't let my children have a lot of sugar, especially this young, but Cannon knew just what to do with his cake. There came a point where I thought he'd had enough and it was time to take it away. You can see his opinion of that below.
Now, if you've hung in here this long, I have a question for you...how would you celebrate your children's birthdays if they were 4 days apart with an age span of 3 years and they were boy/girl? Would you separate parties by weeks and make family come from out of town twice? Would you attempt to celebrate together? Or like we did..same day, but separate?? This is all so new to me...help!!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Geocaching Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
great, great pictures!! i bet the kiddos are missing them already...cannon & cake, too funny!!
Oh my gosh! So many things I saw that I love....the cake, the big cookie, grandma's hair, treasure hunting (which I had heard of and am so interested in)and cutie babies! Your world is gorgeous!
What cute pictures! And LOVE the cake.
Ok, to answer your question. I would do them on two seperate weekend days. Like with a week between them. I think its extremely important that kids get individual recognition on their birthdates. HOWEVER this doesnt mean you need to do crazy huge parties for each. Soon piper will settle down into wanting to have a few girlfriends spend the night and you can always limit the number of people that come. Have maybe a Sunday lunch with the fam where family can come and bring presents for both, but have "parties" sepearte. Thats my 2-cents.
I agree with Krissy. :) BTW... I've heard of geocaching and it sounds like lots of fun. My youngest would love it I know. :)
I've missed all of you. Summer is cramping my style with blogging. I'll be glad when things slow down. ~Jill :)
Love the pictures!! I vote for celebrating together, but I'm lazy and the thought of two separate parties is to much!
Hey there! If you haven't been to Parker yet, be warned. The crowds can be brutal! I would go early... and try and avoid late August. We went in June, tried on clothes and then I did most of my ordering on-line. We're at a private school in Boerne. I'm like you, don't want to say names on the blog. If your school is in Boerne too, we can figure it out. We used to be at The School at Mission Springs in Stone Oak.
first off... has my head been in a cloud or what! i did not realize before. our Riley was going to be Piper... i soooooo love that name! how neat!
having birthdays close is soooo hard. we are in teh same boat. the girls birthdays are ten days apart and they are three years apart. we have done their parties together in the past... just made them "bigger"... this year might mark the start of all things separate though. i totally understand! the tough thing is being able to include everyone. the good thing... i do think the older they get the more simple they get... just a couple friends & a sleep over or such.
that rainbow is sooooo pretty... wow!
love to you! missed seeing your blog!
You've been tagged!! Come over and check it out... ~Jill :)
Great pictures! Geocaching sounds like so much fun. I'm hoping to be in your area sometime in September. Can't wait to see everyone at church! Please, send our love to everyone!
Post a Comment