Sunday, November 9, 2008

Everybody Wins

This past Friday, Elle's school held a Jog-A-Thon to raise money to add playground equipment for the upperbody. The school is trying to move more toward a program of health and fitness to ward off some of the obesity and health issues children in our society are dealing with these days. The Jog-A-Thon was a great success, raising about $34,000. Thanks to our family who made donations for this great cause.

The morning of the event was gorgeous! Cannon and I volunteered to help out at the water station and as we were getting set up, someone pointed out this cute little guy. I just love frogs!! This one may have escaped from the high school science lab. Ha, ha.


Elle did a great job, running 7 laps around the track in 30 minutes. And most importantly, she had a great time!


In conjunction with the Jog-A-Thon, there was a Family 5K Run/Walk on Saturday morning, which I participated in. Now, before I tell you about that, let me say that Elle is always asking me if I will win the various races I take part in. She doesn't understand that there are professionals that race for a living, not to mention many people that are just faster than I am. So, I was very excited to come home with a 1st place certificate to show her...ah, dreams do come true. Shh...don't tell her that I was only first in my age group and that I might have been the ONLY one in my age group. Hee, hee.



13 comments:

melissa ellen parker said...

ummm - I see that time down there and that is an awesome time! You have 6 days til your race and I can't wait to hear about that one too!!!!! You are like a super mom. I think thats so neat that your daughter is going to have the memory of her super mommy winning @ a school function. Those little legs of hers seem to work well too. 7 laps in 30 mins for a kiddo is really awesome - well for almost anyone really.

I'm giving you like 15 times infinity high fives this week. Oh - and tons of bagels too - and bananas and gatorade - and that frog is CUTE!

Kristen said...

YEA!!!

Looks to me like you did FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

I love that the frog escaped from the science lab. You are too funny!!

Lisa said...

WHat a great fundraiser!

BUt dang girl... 25:41! WOW! I'm hoping to do my next 5K in under 28. We will see. I'm *thinking* of maybe doing a half marathon next year... like this time next year. We'll see. My running partner just found out she is expecting her 3rd baby in June so not sure :) Anyway, way to go!

Honorary Indian said...

Run, MamaMia....RUN!

Looks like you're ready for SUNDAY!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Good job, girl!! Elle is such a cutie. Look at her go.

Love that "escapee" frog... nice and shiny.

~Jill :)

Dancing Queen said...

and here i was thinking you weren't going to get any running in this weekend w/all the craziness!! you are too fast to be my friend! you'll probably be able to finish sunday, start again & catch up to me:)

go dase girls!!

DD said...

How fun! Love the frog!

THE Stephanie said...

Ha ha!! Good for you!! What she doesn't know won't hurt her. :)

Hipmomofboyz said...

Congrats!!!! What is a lot of $$$$ your school raised!
How do you block out certain info on your pictures? Is that a blogging program or something?

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

the race is almost here!
you certainly have been gearing up! you gals are going to be GREAT!

that pic of Elle running... love her smile... she IS having fun... for sure!

ewe... i don't like frogs though... that thing could jump on you! :)

xoxo... have fun on SUNDAY!
cheering for you!

The Queen's Castle said...

Oh MamaMia, I've been missing all the blogging buddies.

Unfortunately, I could only read part of your blog today..... *glad your school raised so much money; we had our Run-4-Fun last Friday. * I didn't read further than the fundraiser on your blog BECAUSE I saw a frog. Wierd, I know, but I can't stand frogs.... at night, my hubby has to give me a piggy-back ride because one might "get me". Ugh! They stalk me, they live on my porch! Ok, I'll stop rambling now, I need to find a support group :)

Many blessings!

melissa ellen parker said...

HEY FRIEND!!!! I don't have your email but I want to send you a huge good luck hug (not that you need it) I'm so proud of you for running the 1/2 marathon. Lets do one together one day - maybe we could even start up a blog buddies team to donate to a certain charity or something. That would be awesome!!!

Well, I know you will have a wonderful experience - it'll be hard - but nothing worth having comes all that easy!!! You will be so proud of yourself. I AM ALREADY SO PROUD OF YOU! Please please please fill us in on your day when you are all through and rested!!!!

I hope you get some pics too. I hate pics of myself running - but they really are cool to have!!! I want to see the kiddos faces too. I bet they are proud - I know I would be if my mom had ever run a 1/2 marathon. (i don't really have a mom - but thats a diff story!)

HUG HUG HUG and LUCK to ya!!!
God bless!!!
M

melissa ellen parker said...

i nominated you for a blog award! Please come get it. You very much deserve it!!!