The Creation Museum?
The Creation Museum is located in Petersburg, Kentucky. It's a walk through history from a Biblical perspective. We just took a family vacation there. It was amazing! Our kids enjoyed the exhibits, the planetarium, the dinosaur animatronics, the special effects theatre, the live Nativity, the petting zoo, and the bookstore. Pictures to follow soon.
While we were in Kentucky, Carroll and I finally got to watch Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. One of the things I found interesting in this documentary is that the scientists, professors, and journalists being "persecuted" are not Christians pushing Creationism. It appears that they are non-Christians, discovering that the Theory of Evolution is not making sense when it comes to the explanation of the origin of life. In the case of the professors and journalists, they merely mentioned Intelligent Design, presenting their audience with a balance of information. Because these professionals were removed from Christianity, I found them to be neutral--without a religious and/or political agenda.
Another thing I observed and have a hard time understanding is the pure hatred towards the people who offer up a differing viewpoint. Scary how the evolution side is very aggressive in preventing other viewpoints on the origin of life, to the point of "punishing" those that bring these topics up by way of ridicule and job loss.
Something else to think about...why is it that Evolutionists insist that science and Intelligent Design or Creationism are mutually exclusive? The following is a quote from President-elect Obama on teaching intelligent design in government schools:
Now, I have no doubt that God is the magnificent Creator of this world and all that is in it. It's just disappointing that no one gets to even hear the proofs of Intelligent Design and Creation. My new favorite quote is from Thomas Jefferson:
"If a book be false in its facts, disprove them; if false in its reasoning, refute it. But for God's sake, let us freely hear both sides if we choose." (Quote taken from The Wonder of the Universe...a book included with the Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed DVD)
Amen Brother!
While we were in Kentucky, Carroll and I finally got to watch Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. One of the things I found interesting in this documentary is that the scientists, professors, and journalists being "persecuted" are not Christians pushing Creationism. It appears that they are non-Christians, discovering that the Theory of Evolution is not making sense when it comes to the explanation of the origin of life. In the case of the professors and journalists, they merely mentioned Intelligent Design, presenting their audience with a balance of information. Because these professionals were removed from Christianity, I found them to be neutral--without a religious and/or political agenda.
Another thing I observed and have a hard time understanding is the pure hatred towards the people who offer up a differing viewpoint. Scary how the evolution side is very aggressive in preventing other viewpoints on the origin of life, to the point of "punishing" those that bring these topics up by way of ridicule and job loss.
Something else to think about...why is it that Evolutionists insist that science and Intelligent Design or Creationism are mutually exclusive? The following is a quote from President-elect Obama on teaching intelligent design in government schools:
"I think it's a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don't hold up to scientific inquiry." (Quote taken from Answers Magazine, Jan.-Mar. 2009)
Um, respectfully Mr. President-elect, remember evolution is a theory. And apparently, it's not holding up to scientific inquiry.
Um, respectfully Mr. President-elect, remember evolution is a theory. And apparently, it's not holding up to scientific inquiry.
"If a book be false in its facts, disprove them; if false in its reasoning, refute it. But for God's sake, let us freely hear both sides if we choose." (Quote taken from The Wonder of the Universe...a book included with the Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed DVD)
Amen Brother!



6 comments:
Exceptional post!
In the beginning, God.
In the end, God.
No time without God.
Praise God!
bfs
well... this is sure deep.... a bit over my head lol! cant wait to see pics you hear about your trip :)
Haley--yeah, I know, but it was what was on my mind after the Creation Museum and seeing that movie...I've probably scared away all my buddies and they're thinking "CrAzY." :)
Great post! Tony is really interested in this subject. He really likes the book "Buried Alive, the Startling Turth About Neanderthal Man" by Jack Cuozzo. I think if you're in medicine/biology you have to make up your mind early on. I really liked your thoughts and qouotes in this post.
Sarah
holy cow am i behind in blogland!!!
i hate that we haven't gotten to catch up more so i could hear more about this trip! and i really want to see the pictures!! glad that it was worth all the cold temperatures:)
this seems like it would be a really need trip.
Post a Comment