What is it with this show?!
There is not one episode I can sit through without bawling...I'm not kidding. Since Carroll can't appreciate the show, I try to find a quiet minute to catch it alone. As we all know, those quiet moments are hard to come by, especially when you have an 18 month old that begins his nightly wakings two hours after putting him to bed. Needless to say, I finally got to watch the "Stairway to Heaven" episode last night.
So why is it that I connect with so many of these characters? Does each of them have some part of my personality or vice versa? I cannot figure it out.
I think Patrick Dempsey's character, Derek, draws my attention because he reminds me so much of my best friend from college--several physical features as well as the character's personality. (Will, if you're reading this, you'll have to let me know if anyone you work with says Derek reminds them of you.)
I think my Izzie attachment is that she gets too emotionally involved with her patients. If I were a doctor, I think this is the way I'd be.
Okay, I'm not going to analyze all the characters, but I was just wondering...
Am I the only one that reacts this way to this show?




7 comments:
I totally cry like a baby too! One of preggo friends and I were talking and she said she was crying from this past episode too and said its probably just hormones and I told her I hope not b/c I cried too :) HA! Better not be pregnant!
last week's episode was DEFINITELY a tear jerker! wes and i watched the week before & this one back to back, and wow! we were on the edge of our seats the whole time...really good writing! at the end it was incredible!
now dawn, who is pregnant, said that this was the first tv show she cried at in a long time...but i think it was the whole combination of the show with the boy & the transplant to the lethal injection...too much to handle!!
i love love love love this show. Bailey is one of my favorite characters... i dont know.. i like them all! they are so real and relatable. the last one really got me too :(
I'm obsessed with this show girl. I think I might need to seek help for it. REALLY! I can't watch them without crying either. It is surely a female thing. Not only that but the music they constantly play in the background throughout the episodes really sets a sentimental emotional tone too. My husband can't stand how they play so much music but I love it. I think it makes the show what it is. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
Big hugs, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com/
www.agdprayerblog.blogspot.com/
Most time when I watch that show, I totally do the same. I can really relate to many of the character. When that whole Izzy affair was going on - I kinda stopped watching - because of that and some other stuff going on in my life. I hear it is over though (thank goodness) so I may start watching again. I really loved that show - and it draws on emotions - which is good, I think!
Hope you are doing well!!!!!
I am so happy to hear that others cried! I was wondering what in the world was wrong with me! I had dvr'd it and finally got a chance the other day while Kathryn was at school, Camryn was asleep, and Logan was playing games on the computer. I was sobbing and poor Logan came over and hugged me and said "it's okay mommy". Made me love him even more, but also feel like suc a goof for crying and making him worry about me.
Hi Monica! Thanks for the e-mail. I cannot believe that I have not updated my blog in so long! I WILL do it this week. So much has happened, but the house is beginning to come together. It was a pretty big remodel- and it makes it even harder when you are living in it while remodeling. The kids are doing great- it is as if we never left! We bought a house down the street from our old house- love the neighborhood that much! Unfortunately, Kathryn's former school was capped. But, she is a real trooper and is doing great at the overflow school. Logan is at Concordia two days a week and Camryn is home with me- by herself for the first time ever and enjoying the extra attention. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment